OJT/Internships are available in six cycles for a calendar year. However, not all positions may be available for each cycle depending on section/mentors’ needs and availability. Open positions/slots are published here. The typical duration of the OJT/internship is about 8 – 10 weeks per cycle. Due to the current pandemic, OJT/intern work will be done remotely.
The schedule of the OJT/internship for a calendar year and their respective closing dates for submission of requirements are described in the table below:
|Cycle||OJT/Internship Period||Closing Date|
|1||January to March||1st week of December of the previous year|
|2||March to May||1st week of February|
|3||May to July||1st week of April|
|4||July to September||1st week of June|
|5||September to November||1st week of August|
|6||November to January||1st week of October|
- Must be a bonafide student of a higher education institution in the Philippines.
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Must be in good academic standing at their current higher education institution.
- Must submit a written permission/endorsement from the higher education institution at which they are currently enrolled to participate in the PNRI OJT/Internship program.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year through the Nuclear Training Center (NTC). To be considered, however, the applicant must submit all required documents on or before the closing date of the OJT/Internship cycle applied for. These documents are the following:
- Application Form (PNRI/NTC Form No. 31)
- Cover Letter (kindly address to Dr. Carlo A. Arcilla, PNRI Director)
- Endorsement from school (kindly address to Roel A. Loteriña, Head of the Nuclear Training Center)
- Transcript of Records or Copy of Grades
- Medical Certificate (Due to covid-19, submission of medical certificate is currently waived)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered and reviewed.
- All documents must be included in the application packet. Incomplete applications are not eligible and will not be reviewed.
- Applicants may be called for an interview when necessary.
- Submit application documents here:OJT/Internship Application
NOTE: Due to the volume of applications received by NTC, only candidates who qualified for the position or who will be interviewed will be notified. The NTC will not be able to respond to individual inquiries on the status of their application. In most cases, successful applicants are notified by email within 2 – 3 weeks after the deadline.
- The Internship coordinator at the NTC receives all applications and reviews them to ensure they are complete and that applicants meet the eligibility criteria.
- The Internship coordinator shall then forward the application to the appropriate section or mentor specified by the applicant in the application form.
- The section or mentor to which the internship coordinator submits the application shall confer and evaluate the applicants applying for an OJT/internship position in their section. The section or mentor may opt to call the applicant/s for an interview when necessary. The criteria for selection shall be in the prerogative of the section/mentor.
- The Philippine Nuclear Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, takes affirmative action to ensure that discrimination does not occur against an applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, nationality, ethnic groups, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.
- The section or mentor to which the Internship coordinator submits the applications may make a verbal offer to an applicant. However, the offer is not “official” until the candidate receives written notification from the Internship coordinator. This notification is a tentative offer to participate in the OJT/internship program. A final offer is contingent upon complete submission of duly signed and notarized Agreement Form (PNRI/NTC Form 25), Confidentiality Undertaking Form (PNRI/NTC Form 29) and attendance to the mandatory OJT/Intern orientation and radiation safety seminar.
- Comply with the provisions of the training/internship agreement and internship work plan and the rules and regulations of the Institution and the Higher Education Institution where the student is enrolled.
- Complete the agreed duration of his/her internship.
- Attends the mandatory orientation and radiation safety seminar scheduled by PNRI.
- Plan a program of activities for the duration of the training of the student.
- Orient the intern regarding the official rules and regulations.
- Assign duties and responsibilities or discuss the output expected of the trainee for the duration of the training/internship.
- Assist the intern in problems or difficulties arising from the training.
- Certify as to the veracity of the daily time record (DTR) of the trainee/intern.
- Evaluate the intern‘s performance; and
- Coordinate with the intern’s HEI supervisor pertaining to concerns involving the trainee.
For Further Inquiries